Monday, February 24, 2014

CopyCat Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana

Olive Garden and I have many memories!  In high school for basically any reason my friends and I would go out to eat there.  The only thing I get though is the soup, salad and breadsticks, because let's be honest that is the BEST thing on their menu!  The other night I was craving their Zuppa Toscana so I decided to make it; with the help of my mothers recipe and a bit of what my taste buds love.

COPYCAT ZUPPA TOSCANA
Ingredients:
8 cups chicken stock
1/2 cup Heavy Cream (I like to use Half and Half sometimes)
2 Russet Potatoes
2 Cups chopped Kale
1 Pound Spicy Italian Sausage
1/4 cup chopped Onion (optional)*
a splash of Lemon Juice
1/2 Tablespoon Garlic
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1/2 teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper Flakes

Directions:
1. Cook the sausage, add onions if you would like.  When sausage is cooked cut into bite sized pieces.
2. Peel and cut your potatoes into bite size pieces.
3.  In a big sauce pan add everything except kale to pan.  This is the time that you can get creative with what you put in.  Taste and add more of anything you would like to suit your taste buds!
4. When the potatoes are tender add kale to the soup and cook until they just wilt.

Serve hot and with a side of Roman Bread!

*if you cook your onions with your sausage the flavor is great, but do not be alarmed when your soup base is a little brown when they are added.

No comments:

Post a Comment