Monday, December 16, 2013

Hooded Towel

I am a sucker for hooded towels, so I thought why not make some for Briggs as he grew out of the cute ones we were given at his baby shower.  They also make a quick and easy gift!
 What you'll need:
- 1 bath towel
- 1 hand towel

Take your hand towel lay it horizontally in front of you.


Cut towel in half.  You only need half so you can save half for another towel if you would like.

Find the center of your bath towel and pin the half of your hand towel in the center and sew the two towels together.  I like to have the already hemmed edges together.  I also like to have the tag of the towel on the inside when the towel is finished so I keep that in mind when sewing the towel together.

Fold the towel in the wrong direction (if you care about where the towel is) and sew the top of your hand towel together to create the hood.

Turn your hood out.  I like the look of the towel on its own, but I really wanted to make Briggs a Mike Wazowski towel after I made a Toy Machine monster one for my nephew.  To do the eye, I grabbed a white, light blue and navy blue wash cloth.  Cut out the circle to the size I wanted it to be and sewed those all together!


Sorry my model did not want to stay still!  Enjoy this super simple craft!!

No comments:

Post a Comment