Saturday, November 23, 2013

Glitter Ornaments

So I have begun putting up Christmas decorations, I just couldn't wait until next week!  Anyways, a theme-ish thing we are doing with are tree is Harry Potter.  While making my snitch ornaments I was trying to find the best way to do it.  I knew that I wanted the glitter inside the ornament but all over.  I couldn't get it to stay just by it self, I tried modge podge, which only dried white on me and was a pain to try and get all over so I probably used more then I should have.

Today I had an Ah-ha moment.  For dance performances when I used glitter I would hairspray it to my face to make it stay, so why not inside the ornament.

All you do is take your ornament you want to sparkle (with the top of for the inside)  and point the hairspray nozzle inside and do a few short sprays.  Then sprinkle the glitter inside and give it a good shake with your finger over the opening! Let it dry and pour any glitter that did not stick in a cup or back in the container.

 Happy Holidays everyone and look out for more Christmas decorations this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment