Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Chicken Molé Enchiladas with Mango Black Beans and Quinoa

On Sunday I asked Sean what he wanted for dinner, he said my Enchiladas, but sadly we did not have all of the ingredients.  But that gave me an idea... MOLÈ Enchiladas!! These bad boys are my favorite thing, I know that they sound weird but trust me.  We also had some mango black beans when we went out to dinner recently and were hooked! So I recreated them... they were supposed to go on rice, but, we didn't have that either so quinoa was the next choice and worked out nicely!  Here is the recipe.

MOLÈ Enchiladas
Ingredients:

Sauce
1 jar of Dona Maria Mole Sauce
1 can chicken broth
1-2 cups water (you can also just use more chicken broth)
3 Tablespoons peanut butter (Optional, but delicious)
2 cloves garlic
dash of salt

Chicken
Flour tortillas (corn is ok too)
3 cups shredded Monterey Jack Cheese

Combine ingredients for the sauce and simmer until the jar of mole is melted.  Start with just one cup of water though, add more until it is a pancake consistency (that's at least my preference.) Save 1/3 of the sauce and set aside. Cook your chicken any way you would like.  Combine chicken with sauce (not the 1/3) and a cup of cheese.  Now you can either layer the enchiladas lasagna style or roll.  I am impatient so I tend to layer.  Cover with remaining sauce and cheese.  Bake at 350° until the cheese bubbles. 

Quinoa (or rice) and Beans
2 cans Black Beans
1/2 jar Mango Salsa (we had a habanero one)
Quinoa or rice

Combine beans and salsa, you can add salt to if you wish.  Let it heat and set aside.  Cook your quinoa or rice.  Serve the black beans over your quinoa or rice. 

Enjoy!  I am seriously addicted to the flavor of this meal!

No comments:

Post a Comment